Portugal: Discover Portugal
Our Itineraries are provided as a preview of what to expect on our tours. Please, note, that itineraries are subject to change.
Upon arrival in Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, you will be met and transferred by our representative to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Elected Best European Destination 2012 by the European citizens, Porto is history, architecture, culture, gastronomy, trade, encounters and discoveries. Today, you will visit the city’s historical center of world heritage and monuments of Porto. Some of the sights you will see today include: Torre dos Clérigos, Livraria Lello e Irmão, Avenida dos Aliados, Estação de S. Bento, Ponte Luís I, Sé Catedral, Bairro da Sé, and Ribeira. You will also attend a brief presentation of the olive oil sector in Portugal with technical proof of three Portuguese olive oils.
After breakfast, have a small briefing about Bom Jesus do Monte Shrine. Ascent will be made on the lift; this is the first funicular of the Iberian Peninsula, built in 1882 by Swiss engineer Nikolaus Riggenbach. This lift uses the system water balance, and it is currently the world oldest, in service, use this ecological system. The cabins have a water tank, full when you are at the top level, and emptying at the bottom. The difference in weight allows the obtained displacement, the amount of water being calculated depending on the number of passengers. The descent of the mount will be done on foot. In the afternoon, visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Sameiro and the cathedral.
Begin your morning with breakfast at your hotel. Enjoy the unspoiled area of Northern Portugal, this is the perfect destination for nature lovers. You can find dozens of hiking trails, historic fortresses, and rich flora and fauna – wolves, foxes, wild boar, wild ponies, bats and 147 species of bird. It is especially beautiful in the spring!
After the lunch, you will be transferred to the train station. Afterwards, enjoy some free time in Portugal’s vibrant capital, Libson.
Begin your morning with breakfast at the hotel. Today, you will see the 16th-century Jerónimo’s Monastery (UNESCO); the Monument to the Discoveries, honouring intrepid Portuguese explorers and their patrons; and the impressive Belem Tower (UNESCO). Visit an old patisserie that has managed to hold on to the secret recipe of Portugal’s finest pastry for over 100 years and enjoy a demonstration and tasting of the famous ‘pastéis de Belem’. Its unique narrow streets, lined with chapels and white houses edged in blue, are the perfect place for thoughtful wandering. Continue to the town of Sintra, a UNESCO site and the favorite summer residence of Portuguese kings for six centuries. Here, peruse specialty shops filled with Portuguese handicrafts.
Begin your morning with breakfast at your hotel. Your day at Portugal’s “Silver Coast” begins in the pilgrimage town of Fatima. You will see the Batalha Monastery (UNESCO) and travel to the quaint town of Nazaré and the medieval walled town of Óbidos.
Enjoy breakfast on your final day at your hotel. Depending on your departure time, you will be transfer to the hotel for your international flight.
• Meet & greet upon arrival at airport
• Arrival and departure transfers
• 2 nights in Porto at Hotel da Bolsa or similar
• 2 nights in Braga at Mercure Braga Centro or similar
• 3 nights in Lisbon at Turim Hotel or similar
• Daily breakfast
• Visit Jeronimo’s church with its beautiful Manueline Architecture, reflecting Portugal’s trade over the centuries
• Visit Belem Tower
• Enjoy a demonstration and tasting of the famous ‘pastéis de Belém’
• Brief presentation of the olive oil sector in Portugal
• City tour in Lisbon, Sintra, Porto, Braga, Fátima, Batalha, Nazaré, and Óbidos
• Join the faithful at one of the world’s holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of Apparitions
• Visit São Bento da Porta Aberta, Bom Jesus do Monte Shrine and Sanctuary of Our Lady of Sameiro
• Train ticket (speed train): ALFA (Braga to Lisbon), second class – standard.
• Transfer and Guide throughout tours
• Drinks and meals not specified
• Entrances other than mentioned
• Tourist tax in Lisbon. Clients will be charged directly 1 euro per person/per night up to a maximum of 7 euros
• Telephone and personal expenses
Useful info about our trips